Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hello....Getting Ready!

Hello! I'm Kelly M from IL. I'm in my second year of the BJP. I watched from the sidelines the first year since I missed the deadline. I'm a stay at home Mom to 3 girls, I babysit 2 toddlers and by April, a baby. My husband has been home for over a year due to lack of work from his job as a conrete truck driver. Last year presented plenty of challenges for me, and I was so glad I had joined the BJP. It was the best therapy I could have gotten ~ LOL. Thank you Robin!

Last year I chose a 4 x 4 square since it was my first attempt at bead embroidery. I learned SO much! I chose a theme "Reflections of Me" and really learned a lot through that as well. No matter what was going on, I tried to find the positive. When I couldn't, my BJP friends always could, which helped beyond words. You can find that all here in my blog

This year, I thought of challenging myself and going to a bigger piece. But, I think I'll probably stay the same size or go smaller (it's still a challenge to go smaller ~ you have less of an area to put everything you want on there lol). And , I'm thinking of keeping the same theme too, since it was so theraputic for me. Well, obviously, I'm still not sure yet what I'll do. I do know that I'll be cutting ALL my pieces at the same time this year though. Last year I cut them out month to month and was off by just enough (a hair) to not work for my final project.

Well, I'm actually off to make my decisions and get started measuring and cutting. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing, reconnecting with last years friends and meeting new ones!

No comments: