Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Third Time's the Charm?

I've debated whether to sign up for the 2011 BJP since I have five unfinished (four not even begun) ornaments for this year. But I've missed beading. I've been doing other things, quilts mostly. I find I don't change gears easily or quickly. Nor do I have a dedicated spot for my beading activities. I always have more than one project going at a time but I tend to work on one until it's completed or I get good and stuck. So when the quilting muse took over that was pretty much it for beadwork. I have also learned that I tend to think too much about my projects. I fret and worry and stew instead of actually stitching.

What I want to do for 2011 is try to ignore the "journal" aspect of the Bead Journal Project as much as possible and let myself play in my beads instead. I think it's the idea of journaling my life events that bogs me down. I journal with pen and paper and words every day. I'm not so much of a visual journaler I guess. But I believe Robin herself would agree that picking a color for the month, stitching beads down as my spirit moves me, and maybe adding a few charms to represent something specific would qualify as bead journaling.

I confess to not visiting my fellow BJP bloggers often in the past few months too. What can I say? I've been sewing, not surfing cyber space. The beauty of this project is that I can go back at any time and see what y'all have been up to, and I probably will. The muses are fickle creatures, here one minute and gone the next. When my quilting muse takes off I'll come back here for inspiration and motivation ;- )

Magpie Sue

1 comment:

beadbabe49 said...

I truly don't believe that finishing is all that important...getting inspired is my main motivation...that and being part of a group of artists who have some knowledge and appreciation for beads and fiber!