Monday, November 1, 2010

October BJP done with Break-Through Enameling


Hi all, just like last month, I finished on the last day of the month. This one includes a type of enameling called Break-Through or Pull-Through. It's one of those techniques that was originally an error but is reproducible and looks great - voilĂ , a new technique! As my art teacher friend, Carol Anne, says: Oops Perfect! In this one I added some enamel lumps to give some larger spots. To see the beaded piece, go to my site.

Have a Beady Great Day! Karen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another creatively perfect piece, Karen! I love that phrase "Oooops, perfect". the addition of the enamel lumps are the finishing touch. I wish I could figure out how to comment on your site, but I can't so this will have to do. I hope you see it!

Cyndi L said...

I wondered before what "break-through" meant in enameling! I knew technically what it meant, but I wasn't sure what it looked like. Just gorgeous :-)

Roberta Warshaw said...

I love the way you have incorporated your enamels in the pieces. It makes it so unique rather than just a plain ubiquitous cabochon.

beadbabe49 said...

I too love the addition of the enameled pieces to the beading....many years ago I had a kiln and learned to enamel so I know how much work it is and I love your style!

Robbie said...

VERY nice piece!!!