Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May done with Scrolling technique of enameling

Hi all - I finished yesterday, just under the wire. I know it's not necessary to finish within the month, but I do try to. Anyway, this month my enamel uses the Scrolling Technique and the fringe is zig-zag fringe. I don't consider this a high end form of enameling, but it is fun to do and the results are not totally predictable. Read more about it and see my piece on my site. I'm not thrilled with this one, but c'est la vie. On to the next one...

Oh, my January piece was accepted into a bead exhibition at the 18 Hands Gallery in Texas. I'm psyched. I really love this one so I want it to sell, but...

Have a beady good day. Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful, Karen. I love it when I can't predict the result of my work, that's fun. Congratulations on your January piece!

Robin said...

Huge congrats on the exhibition, Karen! You're not thrilled with your May piece? Yowzer, I am!!!! The enamel (in an ink blot kind of way) look like a rabbit to me and so I picture a happy Thumper in a spring garden, pulling up zig zags to chomp.... Love it!!!!

Robin A.