Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Heather on the Hill

When I selected this fabric, and the beads, it was because I LIKED it, not because it reminded me of November in any way. For some reason, when I am at a loss for a theme, I seem to be drawn to this ferny batik fabric.... But as I stitched away, I was thinking of a specific song from one of my favorite musicals --- and then yesterday I found out that it was St. Andrew's Day! Now I'm 25% Scottish and I love the Highlands and the only time I was ever able to visit them, it was in late October/early November back in the mid 1990's, when a frost had turned the bracken brown-gold. There was still a touch of purple of heather on the hills... (the song with that title was from Brigadoon...)

"The Heather on the Hill" can be sen here.

Now I only have to get December's page under way! But I KNOW what I want to do --- here's hoping it works out how my mind's eye sees it!

5 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

Very nice fabric and the large bead is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Also one of my favorite musicals, and this piece is reminiscent of all the things you were thinking. Lovely, very lovely!

Robbie said...

Very pretty! I had to click on the picture to see a larger view to appreciate your beading!

robin michelle said...

This is beautiful! I like how you followed the batik pattern. Very lovely colors!

Cyndi L said...

Very very pretty! I think we need more pretty in Novembers :-)