Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December BJP

I close our 2010 Beaded Journal Project with this piece titled Yearning for Beauty. My inspiration for the pendant was based on my readings by Lisa See. The books, Shanghai Girls and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, both novels, describe two girls growing up in Shanghai and the trials and tribulations they went through immigrating to America.
The second book discusses the custom of foot binding as a practice towards beauty. I thanked my lucky stars that I was not born in that time period.
This piece uses Chinese coins and jade to symbolize the Asian heritage. Everything is beaded symmetrically to show balance and harmony. The gold beads are a sign of wealth.

To view the entire piece, go to my name on this site, Victoria P. or www.artntheheart.blogspot.com.

It has been a fabulous year of the BJP challenge. Best wishes to all for happy beading times in 2011.

Bead on! Victoria P.

No comments: