Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Publicity for BJP

For the last 2 years I did the publicity for the BJP. In case this angel job appeals to someone or you are thinking about it, let me describe what I did. It may seem like a lot, but it really was pretty straightforward and only took a few hours.

All the angels wrote a blurb together that could be used to describe the project. It's pretty much the description of the project that is on the left column of the blogs, but also included all the information about start-up dates and how to register.

I contacted all the major bead magazines worldwide and sent the blurb to them. Two years ago Beadwork had a half-page article about the BJP, which featured an article with Robin. I also posted on several Internet bead forums. (Since I'm mainly a beader, I'm only familiar with bead forums, but I'm sure there is a whole world out there of fiber, quilt, and needle forums as well). As Robin mentioned, I posted on the BJP blogs and encouraged everyone to write about the project on their blogs.

Word of mouth through individual blogs is the best advertising of all the different things we did. Most of us love to blog and to read blogs, and that brought in the most participants.

So, a little time organizing contacts for the magazines and forums, using a description that is already written and just needs to be updated, and then some time on the computer sending everything out.

I really enjoyed being part of the project. After 2 years, I feel someone else should have the opportunity to enjoy it too!

Susan

1 comment:

Jody said...

Thanks Susan for all the hardwork you did for the BJP 2010