Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August piece done with Etched Champleve enamel


Boy, I'm really keeping up this year - my August piece is done. This month I did an enamel with the etched champleve technique. I drew this design on my computer and printed it onto PnP paper which is then ironed onto the copper as a resist for the etching process. For champleve, the etching takes about 4-5 hours to get a deep enough depression to enamel. After filling with enamel, the piece is ground flush and then polished. My thoughts on this one was love in my heart - thus the hearts and flowers theme. See my full piece here. So, on to the next one...

Have a beady great day. Karen

3 comments:

a2susan said...

exquisite, and I love all the positive messages you are sending out with your work.

Marty S said...

Your work is gorgeous and amazing! I look forward to seeing it each month.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Robin said...

Oh happy heart, happy spirals, happy beads!!! What a lovely piece, Karen... and you are sooooooooooo sophisticated with your enamels!

Robin A.